All of these guy are out of contract moving into this summer. If DC has to go this route to get a DP. Figured I'd take a look and see who fits the bill. That said, there are still open windows elsewhere.
Dream - Sean Longstaff
- Newcastle are RICH!!! He likely gets resigned, but if we could spend the money and he wanted to leave sunny beautiful England for cool, crisp DC I'd take him. Decent both ways, very young. Not going to happen.
- Portuguese CM/DM that is both footed and plays at a high level (about half the time) with Lille. We all know XDCU will not be ponying up the money for this, but this would drastically improve the competition for a spot at CDM.
- At 28, he'd be older for what DC has aimed for their DPs, but as a defensive midfielder they could do worse in the DP spot. He even has 4 caps with Italy and typically captains the Genoa squad right now. Genoa is likely going to be in Serie B next year, so he might be looking for a new place to call home. Whatup Italian Store! I miss you!! He ain't coming here btw.
- Not in the full Danish side yet, but played with the Danish U-21s consistently as a CM. Now the sometimes captain of Nordjaelland, I actually watched him live 3 years ago and he was good on both sides of the ball playing through balls and long diagonals consistently and accurately. Said DC should sign him to my Danish friend and still believe this to be true now that he will be out of contract in June. That said, Danish league is nothing like MLS and might be physically too much.
- Can progress the ball well in most ways well. Decently strong on the dribble when dealing with defensive challenges. Contributes well defensively from the games I've seen him in. Think a Musah-like player with better progressive passing. I think this would have been a great signing and someone that (at the age of 24) could have used decent minutes moving into the world cup with Senegal. Aris Thessaloniki may or may not have signed him, but DC should get after it.