D.C. United confirmed today that Bill Hamid is currently training with Premier League team West Bromwich Albion; however, he will return to D.C. United in time for their trip to Indonesia and will take full part of that tour. Hamid seems to have gone straight to West Brom from the United States national team, who were already in Austria for their recent friendlies. West Brom is a team with whom Hamid has trained in the past, so it makes sense that he would go back there to train again.
I would assume that this will be called a trial in the British press but, as all of you know, any time a player is training with a team it is called a trial. However, this is the second time that West Brom is getting a look at Hamid and they could always make an offer he if impresses. Regardless of whether or not the Baggies eventually float an offer for Hamid, I would expect that he will start getting more and more interest over the next year. For now, I hope that his experience in England and with the national team continues his development and comes back to the team an even better goalkeeper.
More from Black And Red United:
- Cake or Death? Well, at least Marcelo Saragosa is still Kaka's best friend. Even if he's no longer on D.C. United
- The Freddy Award, for the biggest story of D.C. United's 2013 season.
- D.C. United has the first pick in Monday's waiver draft; are there any prospects out there?
- Cake or Death? Carlos Ruiz sleeps with the fishes
- Forbes: D.C. United second-lowest valued MLS club, Sounders top the list