Today, D.C. United released the 2014 version of their home jersey at an even for season ticket holders at Pinstripes in Georgetown. The leaks were spot-on, as the kit was released without a sponsor on the front of the jersey, nor with a stripe across the chest like Real Salt Lake's jerseys have.
First, have a picture of Steve Birnbaum modeling the new jersey
And another of Birnbaum, this time with the big reveal:
(Photo by Adam Taylor)
Obviously, there is a big space on the front of the jersey where the new sponsors logo will eventually go, making the jerseys less plain than they are right now. However, I like that simplicity; I feel like last year's home jerseys were a little too busy, too many color changes and highlights upon them. But now that the jersey is confirmed and you have seen it on an actual player, what do you all think of them? Do you like the simplicity, like I do, or were you hoping for something a little more exciting, like RSL?
- D.C. United leaked kit is now out, but is there a surprise sponsor announcement coming?
- 22 Days till D.C. United: Chris Korb, fullback backup
- D.C. United 2014 Preseason Minutes Tracker version 3.0
- Happy Valentine's Day from all of us at B&RU
- Valentine's Day Freedom Kicks: Clyde Simms and New MLS Rules