As we dig out from yesterday's snow, there was still soccer news happening throughout the country and the world. Today's Freedom Kicks bring sad news about Clyde Simms' retirement, new jerseys for some of the big World Cup contenders, and another brand new MLS roster rule of which no one had previously heard.
MLS veteran Clyde Simms retiring because of kidney disease: Sad news about the reason for Clyde Simms' retirement.
The new Hispanic face DC United | | The Latino Time | Washington DC News: An interview with D.C. United's new director of community relations, Victor Melara.
World Cup: US Soccer makes it official, USMNT to face Mexico in April 2 friendly in Phoenix | MLSsoccer.com: A money grab, but it is against a good team and will still be good preparation for much of the eventual World Cup team.
Photos: Adidas reveals ‘away’ World Cup kits for Germany, Spain, Argentina, Russia | Planet Futbol - SI.com: I actually like the red and black striped Germany kit. If they bring back third jerseys, how cool would something like that look for United?
Special discovery signings, Maxi Urruti, Matias Laba, and MLS transparency - Waking The Red: More rules of which no one has heard until they're used!
As always, make this your place to discuss any and all news in the world of soccer today.
- UPDATE: Travis Golden and Zach Barnes released from D.C. United's camp
- 23 Days till D.C. United: Will Perry Kitchen wear the armband in 2014?
- Filibuster podcast episode 67: Pretending to be cool as the world comes to an end
- Freedom Kicks for 13 February 2014: Andy Najar transfer rumors and MLS TV ratings
- 24 Days till D.C. United: Jared Jeffrey vs. Lewis Neal - Who you got?