D.C. United's defensive record in 2013 was... dubious. At best. After an incredible end to the 2012 season, and a decent start to 2013, the back line fell apart in a major way, resulting in Brandon McDonald's exile to Utah and lots of questions being asked about today's subject in Cake or Death?, Dejan Jakovic. Deki showed us time and again why he can be among the best center backs in MLS, marking Marco DiVaio out of a game, for instance, while showing us at least as many times why he's not generally in that discussion.
But that's neither here nor there. As you're probably used to me saying by now, this series isn't necessarily about how a player performed in 2013 or the expectations coming into this season. Instead, think about whether you'd like Jakovic back on the roster for 2014. If so, vote Cake. If not, then there's always Death. There is no third option - this is Cake or Death?, not Cake or Death or Something Else?.
So vote in the poll and elaborate on your choice in the comments.
More from Black and Red United:
- D.C. United Indonesian tour has been finalized
- Imagining What a New D.C. United Stadium Can Be: A Tour of Camp Nou
- Cake or Death? What will D.C. United latecomer Dennis Iapichino get?
- MLS Playoffs: Conference Semifinals TV Schedule, Predictions & Open Thread
- Friday Afternoon Distraction: What shirt sponsor would you want to see if Volkswagen and D.C. United split?