We're just a day away from watching real, honest (preseason) D.C. United soccer, friends! And the high temperatures this week are exceeding freezing. Truly, everything is coming up Milhouse. Here are your morning links.
Kyle McCarthy checks in from DCU camp in Bradenton | FOX Sports
Preseason has only just really gotten underway, but Ben Olsen is already saying things like "the attitude and the work rate has been unbelievable from the guys so far. They seem committed to each other already. They're gelling as a group off the field. Everything's going according to plan."
Who won the offseason? | MLSsoccer.com
The league website followed our Offseason Power Rankings with their own evaluation of each team's offseason moves. Toronto FC is at the top of the heap - that'll happen when you land Michael Bradley and Jermain Defoe within days of one another, but D.C. United fares well at #3.
Grading the graders: who were tops in MLS offseason moves? | ProSoccerTalk
Steve Davis has a quibble with the league site's ranking. Nobody disagrees that TFC won the offseason, but Davis reckons United were next best.
Bad news for Brad Evans | American Soccer Now
Jurgen Klinsmann's recent favorite choice at the right fullback spot struggled against Korea this weekend, while two American right backs playing in Europe put in strong performances for their clubs. Find out who, and which other Americans are impressing in the Old World from Brian Sciaretta.
Consider this your open forum for the day, so use the comments to share your thoughts on these and any other developments.
- Major League Soccer's New 2014 Jerseys
- Preseason Laboratory: I want to see D.C. United experiment with the 4-4-2 diamond this preseason
- USA U-20 international Benji Joya signing with MLS - Will D.C. United enter the lottery for his rights?
- D.C. United versus LA Galaxy game moved to avoid conflict with Galaxy's CONCACAF Champions League game
- MLS Offseason Power Rankings, January 2014 Edition