I'll be the first one to admit I'm no expert on college soccer. But that's not going to stop me from profiling the top college players who should be available to D.C. United on January 16, when the Black-and-Red will have the first selection in the 2014 MLS SuperDraft. Over the next seven weeks between now and the draft in Philadelphia, we'll be running two profiles a week.
Right now, we have our initial list of seniors and probable Generation adidas signings (all of whom must be underclassmen) on which we'll base our selection of players to profile. But it's anything but a final list. If you count yourself a fan of college soccer, please consider yourself encouraged to chime in down in the comments with a sleeper or three you think we (and by extension, United) should be taking a look at. If we like your choice, we'll switch our list around to make sure he gets a look.
- Silly season has officially begun: D.C. United is "monitoring" West Ham United midfielder Joe Cole
- Classic B&RU: Schedule MLS Cup for the Day After Thanksgiving. Every Year.
- Cake or Death? D.C. United's midfield veteran, John Thorrington
- The Popie Award, for D.C. United's best defender of the year
- D.C. United Trade Targets - Even more defensive pick-ups within the league