clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

MLS Week 4 Schedule, TV Options, Predictions

New, 3 comments

In a week dominated by ties (eight out of 11 MLS matches), the B&RU readers have fallen behind, as expected. You guys just don't like picking draws. Meanwhile, after predicting only two matches correctly in the first week, I'm starting to catch up again.

Week 3: Martin 4. Chest 3. AMT 3. Readers 2.
Overall: Chest 13. AMT 12. Readers 12. Martin 11.

This week features nine matches, with two teams playing twice, so it could be a good chance to gain some ground.

Wednesday April 6, 10:00 PM: Vancouver Whitecaps vs. New England Revolution
Martin: Tie. Chest: Vancouver. AMT: Vancouver.

Empire Field has been an amazing venue thus far in its short history. Until the 'Caps drop points in their Temporary Fortress on the Pacific, I for one will not pick against them at home. (AMT)

Friday April 8, 9:00 PM: FC Dallas vs. Colorado Rapids, FSC
Martin: Colorado. Chest: Tie. AMT: Colorado.

Something is wrong in Dallas. If I were them, I'd try to make a trade with United for Dax McCarty. (Chest)

Saturday April 9, 7:30 PM: D.C. United vs. Los Angeles Galaxy
Martin: D.C. Chest: D.C. AMT: Tie.

I know they don't look alike, but there has to be some way we can pull some kind of zany switcharoo involving Rodrigo Brasesco and AJ DeLaGarza that somehow becomes permanent. (Chest)

Saturday April 9, 4:00 PM: Seattle Sounders vs. Chicago Fire
Martin: Tie. Chest: Seattle. AMT: Seattle.

As the only city in the world where Rave Green is a thing collectively exhales with relief after their first win of the season. I think they sneak a couple past the overachieving Fire and squeak out the W. (AMT)

Saturday April 9, 7:00 PM: Philadelphia Union vs. New York Red Bulls, ESPN2
Martin: NY. Chest: Tie. AMT: NY.

An early meeting between the two top teams in the Eastern Conference? That's certainly what ESPN would like you to believe. Schyeah, talk to me when you win something. (Martin)

Saturday April 9, 7:30 PM: New England Revolution vs. Real Salt Lake
Martin: RSL. Chest: Tie. AMT: RSL.

Really tough week for the Revs: travel to Vancouver, host the bestest deepest team in the league, and probably play a whole week without Baldomero Toledo running the show. What? No, of course I'm not still bitter about Week 2. (AMT)

Saturday April 9, 10:30 PM: Chivas USA vs. Columbus Crew
Martin: Chivas. Chest: Tie. AMT: Tie.

The Goats will need to start getting wins against other weak opponents if they want to stand any chance of keeping pace in the Western Conference, where the classiest teams are already racking up points. I think they can do it against the Crew, since Robert Warzycha will probably make some genius tactical substitutions like benching Eddie Gaven and moving Will Hesmer to forward. (Martin)

Saturday April 9, 10:30 PM: San Jose Earthquakes vs. Toronto FC
Martin: SJ. Chest: SJ. AMT: SJ.

One day, Frank Yallop will play Chris Wondolowski in goal, and he'll still score a goal. (Chest)

Sunday April 10, 7:00 PM: Houston Dynamo vs. Vancouver Whitecaps, Galavision
Martin: Houston. Chest: Houston. AMT: Tie.

Can it be coincidence that the two most garishly brightly colored teams in the league are still winless? (As are the striped and two-toned teams, actually.) Well of course it can, but I choose to believe there is some sort of uniform-based conspiracy afoot. If Houston and Seattle both manage not to win at home this weekend, we'll somehow know I'm right. (AMT)