Filibuster - The Black and Red United Podcast is back for its final episode of 2013. We are in full offseason mode, and we take you through all of the transactions that have occurred so far this offseason, including the Eddie Johnson trade, as well as Bobby Boswell, Sean Franklin, Fabian Espindola, and Nana Attakora; we also bid farewell to those players who have left us. With those acquisitions, we are also forced to answer the question: Is Dave Kasper getting the offseason right so far? We also talk about the American-ness of these acquisitions, and ponder whether it is a sustainable strategy for long-term MLS success. We close the episode by giving our first stab at a starting 11 for opening day against the Columbus Crew, trying to juggle all of the new-found attacking talent.
Thanks for listening. Get in touch with us with any questions, comments, concerns or anything else via Twitter - @FilibusterDCU - or by emailing us at email@example.com. Or just leave a comment on this post.
Our theme song is Pocket, by Beau Finley, used with permission.
- Scouting report on new D.C. United forward Fabian Espindola, from Red Bulls blog Once a Metro
- D.C. United takes Fabian Espindola and Nana Attakora in the second stage of the Re-Entry Draft
- D.C. held a Disposition Meeting about the Reeves Center last night; Stadium proposal expected this week
- The Internet Reacts to D.C. United's trade for Eddie Johnson
- Freedom Kicks: D.C. United links for December 18, 2013