D.C. United announced this morning that newly-acquired defender Christian had surgery on his hand, after it was fractured in a fall suffered during his very first training session with D.C. United. Thankfully, a bone injury is more quickly healed than the multitude of muscle tears and strains that United players have suffered throughout the past few years. He should only miss a week of practice, and should hopefully be back for the beginning of the Carolina Challenge Cup.
While the brief duration of the injury is always good news, it does come at a most inopportune time. D.C. United is trying to integrate an entirely new back line from last year's, and Christian was a later signing than Bobby Boswell, Jeff Parke, and Sean Franklin. Chris Korb is a more than adequate backup, but missing a week of training together in the preseason is a slight cause for worry. Hopefully the Carolina Challenge Cup will give him ample time to combine with the rest of the back line and make us all forget this brief blip.
- Freedom Kicks in Honor of the Presidents
- New D.C. United jersey officially released
- New D.C. United stadium renderings, by architecture firm Populous, released
- D.C. United leaked kit is now out, but is there a surprise sponsor announcement coming?
- 22 Days till D.C. United: Chris Korb, fullback backup