I trust you all had a good Thanksgiving weekend, yes? Good. Now it's back to work in the B&RU virtual salt mines. Today's job, readers, deals with second-year forward Casey Townsend, who joined D.C. United last preseason via trade with Chivas USA. He came in with promise but little in the way of expectations, and delivered at exactly that level, spending some time in Richmond and some time with the first team, but not producing much of anything other than a good work rate and some promise.
All of which makes today's poll a bit more difficult. United needs goal scorers, and in college Casey Townsend was that. In MLS, though, he wasn't been as productive as he was at UMd. So, should we give him cake - and another year to develop - or death? Today's the day we decide.
So vote in today's poll and then let us know your thoughts in the comments.
- District to miss another deadline for the D.C. United Stadium Project
- Introducing our MLS SuperDraft Player Profile Series
- Silly season has officially begun: D.C. United is "monitoring" West Ham United midfielder Joe Cole
- Classic B&RU: Schedule MLS Cup for the Day After Thanksgiving. Every Year.
- The Popie Award, for D.C. United's best defender of the year