In today's ninth episode of D.C. United Cake or Death?, we look at 2013 rookie Taylor Kemp. He came out of Maryland as a fullback last winter with United's late first-round Superdraft pick. But with his defensive instincts not quite honed enough for the professional level, he spent a lot of his first season down in Richmond with United's USL-Pro affiliates. When he did make first team appearances, it was at left midfield as often as it was at fullback.
We know he's on a low salary - college seniors entering MLS usually are - and he's got some decent attacking skills, plus that left foot. So, today, we ask whether Kemp should see a second season in Black-and-Red. By this point in our series, you should know how this works - but just in case: If you think Kemp warrants another season with United, give him Cake; if not, death. Couldn't be more straightforward.
And once you've voted in our poll, be sure to sound off in the comments with your reasoning.
More from Black And Red United:
- D.C. United is in Honduras observing players at C.D.S. Vida
- MLS Cup Playoffs: Conference Semifinals, Second Legs - Game Time, TV Schedule, Predictions & Open Thread
- 2013 MLS Playoffs: Eastern Conference Semifinal Second Leg Scouting Report
- Cake or Death? Putting Jared Jeffrey under the microscope
- Filibuster Podcast Episode 55: He's Just Bad At Alchemy!
- The Nelly Award: Choose D.C. United's best newcomer