Our Izzard-flavored roster review picks back up today after a weekend off. After ending last week with a couple overwhelmingly death-flavored votes, today could see us return to Cake, though that decision rests with you readers. Chris Pontius, one year removed from an MLS Best XI 2012 performance, didn't live up to expectations this past season - though the same can be said for nearly everybody associated with D.C. United's on-field product. He scored two goals and assisted on two others in league play this year, way off his 2012 numbers of 12 and 4.
But today's vote isn't about whether or not we think CP13 could have done better in 2013. It's - as I've spent three weeks saying - about whether he should be in the Black-and-Red's plans for next season. If you think there's a place for Partyboy on the team in 2014, then vote to give him Cake. If not, then vote to give him Death. Simple, no?
However you vote, spell out your reasoning in the comments.
More from Black And Red United:
- D.C. United Attendance: A Postscript on 2013
- Cake or Death? Dancing on Lionard Pajoy's grave
- The Bobby Award: Pick D.C. United's most improved player
- Should D.C. United trade for Eddie Johnson? Well...
- D.C. United should trade for Eddie Johnson. Right now.
- Michael Seaton called up for the senior Jamaican national team