Major League Soccer will open its 2014 season on March 8 with a full slate of games. The first game of the day will be the Seattle Sounders hosting Sporting Kansas City at 3:30 in the afternoon. The other big game of the day will be the LA Galaxy hosting Real Salt Lake, at 10:30PM that night.
D.C. United will open their season at home, playing host to the Columbus Crew at 7:00 PM in what we hope will be the penultimate season at Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium. They will get to have two of their three matches against New York at home, two of their three matches against Sporting Kansas City at home, and two of their three matches against the Houston Dynamo in Houston. You can view the full schedule for D.C. United here, and I'm sure our own Stephen Whiting will break it down at some point this offseason.
United's nationally televised matches will be against the Chicago Fire on March 29th, versus New York on April 12, against San Jose on July 11, against Chivas USA on July 20 (Univision Deportes), against Houston Dynamo on August 17 (also on Univision Deportes), against New York on August 31, against New York for the third time on September 10, against Philadelphia on September 27, Sporting Kansas City on October 3, and Houston Dynamo on October 12 (UniMas). Two of the nationally televised games will be in NBCSN's designated weekly Friday night spot.
Any first thoughts jump out to you about the schedule?
More from Black And Red United:
- Cake or Death? Newly MNT-ed Jamaican international Michael Seaton (See what I did there?)
- 2013 MLS Cup Playoffs: Portland Timbers vs. Real Salt Lake Game Time, TV Schedule, Predictions, & Open Thread
- 2013 MLS Cup Playoffs: Sporting Kansas City vs. Houston Dynamo Game Times, TV Schedule, Predictions, & Open Thread
- United Abroad: Alumni News & Notes for November 2013
- Bill Hamid training with West Bromwich Albion, will be back for the Indonesian tour