While there was plenty of D.C. United news yesterday, there were actually things happening elsewhere in the league as well. Let your morning Freedom Kicks keep you up to date as we give you a sampling of news from around the league.
Tulsa set to get USL Pro club as third-tier expansion continues to build steam | Planet Futbol - SI.com: Brian Straus' piece on USL PRO expansion is a great read, and all MLS fans should be happy about the growing strength of lower-division soccer in the United States.
Montreal Impact hire Frank Klopas as manager - SBNation.com: Montreal fired Marco Schallibaum in a press release while hiring Frank Klopas. Harsh, man. Harsh.
RSL names Jeff Cassar new head coach - RSL Soapbox: RSL has decided that the proper man to take over for Jason Kreis is one of his assistants, Jeff Cassar. Cassar apparently had an opportunity to go to NYCFC with Kreis, but wanted to stay in Salt Lake City with the team.
Good News, Bad News; Carl Robinson - Eighty Six Forever: The Vancouver Whitecaps took a similar route in picking their new head coach, staying inside of the organization.
Report: Curt Onalfo out of running as next Chivas USA head coach - The Goat Parade: Wait, somebody was actually considering Curt Onalfo for a head coaching position? In MLS? We're still not over this.
Dwayne De Rosario coming home to Toronto FC - Waking The Red: I am happy for DeRo and I hope that he does well in Toronto, just so long as its not when they're playing D.C. United.
Feel free to use the comments for any MLS or soccer topics that you want to talk about today.
- Filibuster podcast episode 61: A Cloying Chocolatey Note
- Scouting report on new D.C. United forward Fabian Espindola, from Red Bulls blog Once a Metro
- D.C. United takes Fabian Espindola and Nana Attakora in the second stage of the Re-Entry Draft
- D.C. held a Disposition Meeting about the Reeves Center last night; Stadium proposal expected this week
- The Internet Reacts to D.C. United's trade for Eddie Johnson