While it appears that the full 2012 MLS schedule will be released later this week, the 2012 D.C. United preseason schedule was announced by the team today. As usual, it includes one stop in Florida, one stop on the west coast, and the annual defense of the Carolina Challenge Cup, with few breaks in between. And it all starts in less than two weeks.
The D.C. United preseason schedule for the 2012 MLS season will be as follows:
- Jan. 15-22 Training in Washington, DC
- Jan. 23 - Feb. 3 Training in Sarasota, FL
- Feb. 3-5 Training in Washington, DC
- Feb. 6-16 Training in Scottsdale, AZ
- Feb. 17-22 Training in Washington, DC
- Feb. 25 - Mar. 3 Carolina Challenge Cup (matches against the Chicago Fire, Charleston Battery, and Columbus Crew)
- Mar. 5-9 Training in Washington, DC
Now that we know all that, we can continue to wonder who else besides the current 18 players on the roster and the three players that will be drafted on Jan. 12 will join the team for training camp this month.