Must-win game 2 of 4. And here's a list of five reasons why DC United will win tonight:
- For once we're actually closer to full-strength than our opponents. The Chicago Fire will be missing three starters: Pavel Pardo, Cory Gibbs, and Dan Gargan.
- Unless Ben Olsen decides to screw with things again, United will have its best backline in months. Kitchen-Jakovic-McDonald-Woolard.
- Bill Hamid > Sean Johnson. Jurgen Klinsmann knows it, and soon the whole world will too.
- I just entered Dwayne De Rosario's deep subconsciousness Inception style to plant the idea that he played for the Fire previously. I'll do it again on Wednesday and next Saturday if it works.
- We still believe. And if I know Olsen, then he has his boys believing too.
Game time: 7:30 PM
TV: None, but MLS MatchDay Live is now only $3.99 for the rest of the season.
Projected Starting Lineup: Olsen opted to mix things up on Wednesday night against the Vancouver Whitecaps, but I don't think he will today. So look for De Rosario and Charlie Davies both to return to the starting lineup at forward, with Santino Quaranta, Stephen King, Clyde Simms, and Andy Najar in the midfield. Dejan Jakovic will make his first start his since returning from injury, which will allow Daniel Woolard to move back out to the left, with Perry Kitchen on the right and Brandon McDonald in the middle.
This is your place for pre-game, in-game, and post-game discussion.